1 Corinthians 2: 1 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All the Single Ladies

I had a revelation today on the drive home from work. Matt was the first person I ever began dating because we both cared about each other and enjoyed being together. Every other dating relationship previous to him was started due to a desire for personal attention or in order to avoid being alone. But with my beloved, I grew to love him, could no longer imagine not being with him, and did the only thing that made sense anymore. So, to the question of How do you know he's the one? I now have an answer, though I know it's not the only one.

You know he's the one when...
          -It seems wrong to Not be with him.

See, it's not about comparing this guy to other guys or to the elusive Mr. Right. You know you're with the one, when you don't want to imagine your life without him anymore, and you know that you're willing to work things out with him when it gets hard.

Just a few words. Hope it's inspirational. KW

2 comments:

  1. I hope to find the one I cant imagine being without. Those are some words of wisdom right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words...sometimes good ones are the simple ones!

    ReplyDelete